Middle School Admission
APPLYING TO MIDDLE SCHOOL (Grades 6-8, day students only):
The Baylor School application is electronic. Once your family has created an account and the accompanying Parent Portal, you will have a checklist that guides you through the steps necessary to complete the application. Those steps include:
- Submitting a completed admission application. The application is accessible through the Parent Portal and requires a $75 fee.
- Requesting letters of recommendation from current Math and English teachers. These requests are submitted electronically from the application checklist.
- Requesting current grades and transcript from the student’s current school. These are also generated from the application checklist.
- Registering for and taking the Secondary School Admission Test (SSAT). Information about the SSAT and a link to the test application can be found on the application checklist.
- Visiting campus for a tour and a conversation with an admission counselor. Campus visits can be scheduled from the application checklist.
- An optional Shadow Day. Students are invited to spend a day in the company of current Baylor students who will take them to class and lunch. Shadow Days may also be scheduled from the application checklist.
- Other optional events, including Academic Day, a lively Saturday morning session that introduces prospective students and parents to the Baylor classroom and the great teachers who inhabit them; The Big Red Quest, part treasure hunt, part scavenger hunt, and total fun exploring the Baylor campus on a Friday evening; and a Parent Presentation, a parents-only introduction to the Baylor Middle School.
The deadline for completing all parts of the application is Dec. 31.
MAKING THE DECISION
Decisions on admission are made by the Baylor admission committee and will be announced on March 4, 2023. The committee takes into account all aspects of a student’s application file: academic performance, extracurricular involvement, citizenship and character, test scores, comments and commendations from teachers and others, and the content and tone of the conversation with the admission counselor.
Once students have been offered admission to Baylor, they will have until March 13, 2023 to accept the offer and submit their deposit before their space is offered to other students on the waiting list.
HOW TO LEARN MORE
To receive admission materials, ask a question, or schedule a visit, please call 423-267-5902, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
School Profile & Admission Guide
Click here for a PDF profile of Baylor School including curriculum, test scores, college choices and more.
Click here to view our Viewbook
To learn more about our Middle School program, visit the Middle School academic section on this website by clicking here.